The fight against Coronavirus (COVID 19) continues to change the way people are interacting with each other and the way they go about their lives. We urge you to follow the guidance of the health experts and make these adjustments. Prepare, as you can. And at the same time, don’t be afraid. Pray. Here are the latest updates for FBC:
- Worship Services will be online only 3/22, 3/29, 4/5, 4/10 [Good Friday], 4/12 [Easter], and 4/19. Do not come to the church building as we have suspended in-person services as well as nursery, beginners church, and Sunday school.
- Food Pantry will be open at the regular times but with hygiene modifications.
- The FBC Office is closed until further notice. All meetings and church business held at the church facility should be postponed. FBC will continue to receive mail and staff will be working remotely. If you call the church office, you can leave a voice message for any staff member or send an email.
- Awana is canceled through 4/22.
- Elevate & Ignite Youth will be meeting via online youth group through 4/22.
- Men’s Bible Study is canceled through 4/23.
- Moms & Munchkins is canceled 4/2.
God is still worthy of worship even when pandemics restrict our gathering together. While we can’t worship together in the same room, we can virtually worship together via technology. God is calling us to do this, so join your brothers and sisters for live online worship each Sunday at 9:30 AM while group gatherings are suspended. Visit FBC Medford YouTube page for the live video worship service. This link will also be listed on the FBC Facebook page so follow us as another avenue for reminders and updates.
While our FBC ministries temporarily shift away from gathering together, we still have to pay the mortgage, salaries, utilities, etc. Check out the different ways you can continue to give.
Lastly, what should be the posture of our soul during this time? God’s word gives us some direction.
- Let’s resist fear knowing that God will uphold us.
Isaiah 41:10 Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
- Let’s rejoice in the Lord still, let’s show reasonableness to our neighbors, let’s not be anxious, let’s pray. God reigns now as always. God is good now as always. We can trust him now as always.
Philippians 4:4–7 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- Psalm 46: 1-3 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling.