The first Saturday of each month, we invite you to unite for a time of prayer. The church will be open from 9 AM – 12 PM, so we encourage you come and pray if and when you are able to, and leave when you need to. We will pray for our church, community, and world in whatever way the Holy Spirit leads.
When you arrive at the church, you can expect some quiet background music, with the options of joining in several brief devotionals, or you may also choose to pray privately or with several others. Whatever your format or posture of prayer, lift your minds and hearts to God.
Let us join in covering this time and the day in prayer as we both worship and petition our God to the glory of His holy name!
In FBC’s heart statements, we value prayer as our greatest work.
How to Pray?
- With a sincere and humble heart. Psalm 51:17
- Trust God to hear your prayer. Psalm 40:1
- Give praise and thanks to God. Psalm 28:7, Psalm 48:1
- Ask for God’s help to accept His will. Philippians 1:4
- Share your joys, needs, concerns with God. 1 Peter 5:7
- Ask God for spiritual eyes to see Christ. Psalm 25:15
- Ask God for every spiritual blessing. James 1:17
- Ask God how you can serve Him. Romans 12:1, 1 Chronicles 28:9
- Ask God for saving faith or deeper faith in Jesus. Ephesians 2:8-9
- Pray for whoever and whatever God leads.
- Be still and allow God to speak to you. Psalm 46:10